Danone Nutricia Research presented 8 abstracts during the EAACI (European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) Congress 2018.
Danone Nutricia Research aims to deliver scientific evidence for nutritional concepts that contribute to the prevention and management of allergies. New research suggests we can train the immune system during early life to be more resilient to external challenges, and thus help with the dietary management of allergies. The research focus is the interplay between nutrition and the immune system (directly and indirectly) through the potential modification of the gut microbiota.
Download Danone Nutricia Research abstracts
Please click here to download the abstracts below, as presented during EAACI Congress 2018.
1. Gut Microbiota from infants with Cow’s Milk Allergy Promotes Th-2 immunity and allergic response in a murine model of sensitisation and challenge
2. Butyrate and fructo-oligosaccharides support oral immunotherapy by suppressing basophil and mast cell activation and induce possible epigenetic changes in mast cell progenitors
3. Free amino acid levels in human milk throughout lactation and their in vitro immune modulatory potential
4. Altered microbial community structure and metabolism in cow’s milk allergic mice receiving oral immunotherapy and fructo-oligosaccharide
5. Unprocessed cow’s milk suppresses allergic symptoms in a murine model for food allergy – a potential role for epigenetics
6. Gender difference in the free amino acid glutamine in human milk in the first 3 months of lactation
7. Allergo-oncology: Crosstalk between human mast cells and colon cancer cells contributes to colon cancer development
8. Network-based approach for identifying suitable biomarkers for oral immunotherapy of food allergy
About EAACI Congress 2018
The European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI) organised the 2018 congress from 26 to 30 May in Munich, Germany. EAACI is the largest medical association in the field of allergy and clinical immunology in Europa. EAACI offers the latest science and discoveries and network opportunities to healthcare professionals and key opinion leaders around the world.